Friday, July 1, 2011

Fake Couponers

I knew that it was bound to happen sooner or later, and I am sure that this is not the first time, which is really sad to say!
Tonight I was messaged on Facebook by Coupon Peeps. They said they were a single Mom who could not afford to feed their children. She asked me if I could send her any of my extra coupons. She stated that where she lived (Indy) does not have a newspaper and she was buying coupons but has ran out of money. It was a little fishy to me so I asked a few more questions and then started reading their page and twitter. They asked me to send them a coupon binder because they didn't have anything to hold their coupons. This is after they told me they are going to be on TLC's show Extreme Couponing. - She later told me her kids have been going hungry because they don't have money to buy food. (so how is she going to do that on the show?) Anyways, on their page - before they deleted it, it said they were 15, and with 6 kids and male. (this is still on their twitter page though!) But they are taking donations for a food bank that was going out of business. (why are we donating to a food bank going out of business????) I asked them for the address on where to send these items - so I could check into it more. This is the address they gave me (which is still on their page.) http://www.clrsearch.com/1702_WILLOW_ST_VINCENNES_IN_47591/31091199 It is for a Mobile home that is for sale. Hmmm makes you think.
Anyways, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up so they could unfriend them. And make sure you do your homework before you send stuff out. I hate it that one person can ruin it for all of us. I think all of us couponers are pretty generous people who would like to help people anytime we can. I don't want us all to get a bad name over people like this. Please re post this so others can see it and not get scammed!
Thanks everyone! Have a very safe and happy 4th!

10 comments:

  1. wow that's crazy, thanks for letting us know. I took them off my friends list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know!!!
    Justina
    www.justmycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very strange, what's the purpose I wonder. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK everyone - Coupon Peeps is back at it again... They are giving away or so they say, a pile of coupons, so I asked them how they got them since last time they said they didn't have a newspaper or money to buy them - this is what they said, I could not finish it and get to the bottom of it since they unfriended me - and everyone else that is calling them out on their lies - just be careful!!


    • Coupon Rori
    How did you get all the coupons to give away, the other day you told me you didn't have a newspaper that delivers to your house and you could not afford to buy them anymore nor could you buy a coupon binder?

    7 minutes ago •LikeUnlike • • See Friendship
    o
    o
    o

    Coupon Peeps I went to the local recycling building
    6 minutes ago • LikeUnlike

    Coupon Rori Oh so you weren't hacked?
    6 minutes ago • LikeUnlike

    Coupon Peeps Yes we were I found out who it was and all that jazz so they are in alot of trouble
    5 minutes ago • LikeUnlike

    Coupon Rori Well I just asked you how you got the coupons because you were too broke - that is what you told me the "hacker" said the other day. So now you said you went to the recycling building - make up your mind. Maybe you should invest in a notebook to keep your lies right to the right people.
    3 minutes ago • LikeUnlike

    Coupon Peeps ok what the hell ever i hate peopl lieing on me so if thats all your here to do on facebook get off bye
    2 minutes ago • LikeUnlike

    Coupon Rori lieing on you? What are you talking about? I'm just trying to get to the bottom of all your lies. You can't even keep them staright. The IM you sent me asking me to send you a binder because you were too broke was when you said when you were hacked. And now you just admited it was you by saying you went to a recycling building.
    2 seconds ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy...good looking out because coupon peeps is trying to get some coupons from me on my facebook page right now...you were right in time thanks :) check it out here
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001689170064

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea, ive had them ask me to send them coupons of certain types and also gave me an address from indiana...ive actually still got this address saved on my computer..ive told a couple of people about this person and how they dont help others learn but all they complain about is not winning and wanting coupons and wanting to win everything they can..they are all about themselves...i totally know where u are coming from...some people need to watch out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me very angry, there are people out there who really need help. I was laid off and did not qualify for unemployment since I had exhausted a claim 2 years ago. My DH is the only one working and we struggle everyday. We only have the bare minimum, the internet is the only thing we kept because it is necessary for me to apply for jobs and also print q's. I am new to couponing and follow many blogs and try to save as much as I can for my family. There have been days when I'm not sure what I am going to feed my girls and to have someone scamming people only hurts those who really need the help. Even though there have been times I really need help I can never bring myself to ask strangers to give to me, all I seek is the information to help myself and my family and many of you have helped me learn. Please don't let this type of person change how fantastic you all are. Thank you for the warning and thank you all for everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say that Indianapolis does.have a paper with awsome coupons in it every Sunday. It's called the indy star. The coupons are sponsered by redplum. It cost a 1.75 for the paper though.

    ReplyDelete