Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Please Help!!

After writing my post yesterday about donating, (read it here.) I started to think and read up on the victims of the hurricanes / tornadoes here in the US. It makes you think about how truly blessed we are to have a roof over our head, basic daily items and our loved ones. These people lost so much, some have absolutely NOTHING! While I know most of us are not in a place where we can donate money, I do think we can help out still. I spoke with World Vision yesterday and asked what we could do to help. They did say their number one needed donation is money next to that to help hurricane relief victims is hygiene and cleaning supplies. Such as....
  • Deodorant
  • Soap - Bar and hand
  • Toothpaste
  • Toothbrushes
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Razors
  • Shampoo / Conditioner (don't forget baby shampoo)
  • Brush / comb
  • Diapers
  • Formula
  • Wash clothes
  • Cleaning wipes
  • Sponges
  • Gloves - rubber cleaning gloves
  • Cleaning supplies (409, windex, etc.)
  • Big freezer bags - to make kits up
I am going to be collecting as many items that we can over the next few weeks and then taking them to world vision on behalf of our great couponing community! If you have a few tubes of toothpaste, some extra shampoo any items listed above can you please spare a few to help out our fellow Americans! You can donate out of your stockpile, and send the items in a flat rate box from the post office - making your donation cost you next to nothing - but making all the difference in the world to someone else.
I will be collecting donations until June 12 and then making the final donation to World Vision on June 13. If you can spare a few items and ship them to me by then, it would be wonderful! Ask friends, neighbors, family, co-workers -- attach this to a email, share on Facebook - lets help our fellow Americans out!
Please ship them to...

Rori Bates
10312 192nd Street Ct. E.
Graham, WA. 98338

Thank you for your help and time with this! We are so blessed as couponers to be able to get items for free almost everyday. Please take this time to give back!!

2 comments:

  1. this is amazing! You are an amazing person for posting this! I agree as couponers and as a community we really need to help as much as possible. I know it is really hard to get people to help. They come to us looking for deals so I do understand. I do think though us bloggers should get together and do something to help. So thanks for such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope we can all get together and help out. I am planning on sending care packs to the troops later and also homeless care packs toward the starting of fall. I will let you know more as we get closer. Thank you again. Feel free to repost this =) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete