Friday, July 22, 2011

Mama's New Favorite Breakfast

Yummmmo! I just got done with my new favorite breakfast! I can tell you this will be a staple in my house from now on!!
I saw this recipe last night on our local news' facebook - Komo 4. It looked oh so good. I shared it with my husband on his facebook and told him he was more then welcome to make them for me this morning. He must have forgot since they were not made when I got up ;) !!
So my kiddos and I made them this morning! They were super easy.

We used:
3/4 of a pack of turkey bacon (you can use real bacon - we just only buy turkey bacon)
about 10 eggs - depends on how many you make - you get about 1 to 1 1/2 per cup
Grated cheese
Blue Cheese - you don't have to use it but it makes it yummy!
Pam or something to grease your pan
Salt & Pepper to taste

Spray your muffin pan with Pam
Take your bacon and just cook it about half way till it just starts to brown. - Set it aside to cool. Once it cools, wrap the muffin cup in bacon, break some smaller pieces off for the bottom of the cup. On the video they show that they just break the egg and put it right into the cup. Well I am weird and can't eat eggs this way, so we scrambled our eggs in the bowl and then poured them into the cups. Then we took the grated cheese and put some on the top of each cup and then added the blue cheese.
We baked them on 350 for about 15 minutes. - You can shake the tin and if they still look watery then keep them in for a bit longer.
Pop them out of the pan and enjoy! These would even be great for an on the go breakfast! Have fun with them - would love to hear what you put in them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment